SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

builders challenge

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Simmer's Garden
Admin
Simmer's Garden

Female

Pisces Posts : 2287
Simoleons : 817321

builders challenge Empty
PostSubject: builders challenge    builders challenge I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:20 pm

Builders Challenge
i had this posted in my sim forum for a long time so thought i would put it here to.
this can be done anytime it is not a contest, any one can do this challenge as i only used the base game to build the foundations. all you have to do is download the lot pictured below.
the rules:-
you cannot add any more foundation to the lot, do not build outwards but you can add only 2 more levels to the lot.
you may add a parking lot/garage. you may change the fence but it must have a fence.
you may add a pool, landscape the gardens too but remember you can only add 2 floors to it do not add on to the foundations.
post pictures of your lots below by hitting the reply button, we would love to see how well you did with this challenge.
DOWNLOAD HERE
 builders challenge Sims22011-11-1022-47-38-89-vert
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TutusChicBoutique
Anonymous

builders challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: builders challenge    builders challenge I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:59 pm

Heya Nef;

I accept your challenge.

here are the pics
 builders challenge Screenshot1
 builders challenge Screenshot2
 builders challenge Screenshot3
 builders challenge Screenshot4

Since you said we can't build above 2 stories... i decided to build below and added a basement >Smile

builders challenge Screenshot5
 builders challenge Screenshot6
 builders challenge Screenshot7
 builders challenge Screenshot8

you can download the lot here

Happy Simming ^_^
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

builders challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: builders challenge    builders challenge I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:55 am

thats really nice, I will add some complicated floor plan layouts to this section XDD
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

builders challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: builders challenge    builders challenge I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:06 am

cool Smile looking forward to it
Back to top Go down
Simmer's Garden
Admin
Simmer's Garden

Female

builders challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: builders challenge    builders challenge I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 12:56 pm

wow! ka'ge you did an amazing job on this lot, nice work here is 1 rep for you Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

builders challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: builders challenge    builders challenge I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 9:45 pm

thank you Embarassed Smile
Back to top Go down
Simmer's Garden
Admin
Simmer's Garden

Female

builders challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: builders challenge    builders challenge I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 11:01 pm

you are very welcome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Leo Posts : 943
Simoleons : 687047

builders challenge Empty
PostSubject: Builders Challenge    builders challenge I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 11:49 am

Neff, I tried several times to download the lot but was unable to. If you could write out the specifications such as lot size, name of fence and sidewalk pavers used, as well as the dimensions of your floor plan (such as front 9 spaces long by 2 spaces deep and then X number of spaces on either side and then deep again, etc), I think I could build on it. I'd like to try the challenge.

And, Ka'ge you did a wonderful job on your house--including the great outdoor landscaping. It looks like a house I'd acutally like to buy--in real life.

Happy Simming! Lilly
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

Pisces Posts : 3130
Simoleons : 714221

builders challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: builders challenge    builders challenge I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 12:36 pm

Lilly I didn't have any trouble downloading. Maybe Neff can pm the file to you. I can't take neff's building challenge right now because of my pc messing up. (Matter of fact I'm sad I've not been able to play my sims because of it. :( )
Back to top Go down
http://www.cindassimstyle.com/
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

builders challenge Empty
PostSubject: Builders Challenge    builders challenge I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 12:44 pm

Okay. I tried again. Same result first time. Second time I saw a message at the top right to "skip add" and clicked it. Then I was able to find the file to down load and am going to put it into my game next. Thanks, CindaLove. Lilly Smile

EDIT: I think it's in my game now. I'll have to go into my TS2 game to check for sure because at times I think something is but can't find it later when I check. Thanks again.

Last edited by Lilly LeClaire on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add result of suggestion given)
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

builders challenge Empty
PostSubject: Builders Challenge    builders challenge I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 2:48 pm

Okay, I did it. I now have it in my game. It didn't work the first time. So, I went into my downloads folder and it said "installable sims folder" or something like that. I clicked on it and the clean installer came up. I clicked "install" and presto, bingo it's now in my game.

So, I'm thinking of ideas that I would like to use to build on the lot and foundation. Lilly
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

builders challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: builders challenge    builders challenge I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 3:38 pm

Hey Lilly;

if you're interested in putting in a basement, you could check out my tutorial in the game tips & tutorials section:)

Happy Simming

Ka'ge ^_^
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

builders challenge Empty
PostSubject: Builders Challenge    builders challenge I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 3:49 pm

Ka'ge,

Thanks for letting me know about that option. I'm not sure what I'll do yet. I put thre lot on a cliff with a mountain and forest behind it and was thinking of log cabin, maybe. But, once I start building, I may change my mind. I'm thinking of putting an attached garage with it as I have a tutorial on how to do that from the BBS. It also had a wonderful carport and I may use that.

Lilly
Back to top Go down
Simmer's Garden
Admin
Simmer's Garden

Female

builders challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: builders challenge    builders challenge I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 4:57 pm

sorry for the late reply Lilly, glad you got it in your game Smile have fun with it Smile
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

builders challenge Empty
PostSubject: Builders Challenge    builders challenge I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 11:50 am

Not a problem at all. I appreciate everyone's help. Knowing that other Simmers were able to do it, I just kept trying and was able to download the lot--after a few tries. Now, I'm busy building on it, trying different things and having fun. Lilly Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

builders challenge Empty
PostSubject: re    builders challenge I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 12:02 pm

I'm really bad at lot making and avoid it but might try to do this challenge!

and ka'ge that house looks great! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

builders challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: builders challenge    builders challenge I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 5:27 pm

Thanks Hermione ^_^ have a rep point
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 777963

builders challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: builders challenge    builders challenge I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 1:08 am

Wow! You did a fantastic job on your house, Ka'ge. I love it. I don't think I'll be able to download it. Seems you have all sorts of extras that I don't have. I only have, Seasons, Freetime, Kitchen/Bath, Ikea, Bon Voyage and Apartment Life. I have OFB on my husband's comp, but didn't want to load it on mine. Seems there was some conflict with some of the TSR stuff that I loaded. So didn't want it on mine.

Anyway, Beautiful Job! ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

builders challenge Empty
PostSubject: Re: builders challenge    builders challenge I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

builders challenge
Page 1 of 1