SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

Crochet

Go down 
+2
Lilly LeClaire
BBdoll3
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 777963

Crochet Empty
PostSubject: Crochet   Crochet I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 3:15 am

Afghans for my Granddaughters was my latest projects. I had 3 going and one time. Still working on the 3rd.

Afghan for Granddaughter who is 5yrs. She loved the colors. Rose2
Crochet AfghanforGranddaughter

Afghan for Granddaughter who is 13. She was wondering why she didn't have an Afghan. Smile Her mother doesn't let anyone use hers, and her brothers was stored away.. I had forgotten I had made it for him. Now she has her own. flower2
Crochet AfghanforGranddaughter3

Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Leo Posts : 943
Simoleons : 687047

Crochet Empty
PostSubject: Crochet   Crochet I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 5:51 am

mickeywave Hi, BBdoll!

Beautiful afghans. I'm sure that they will be treasured.

My grandmother made me a quilt (actually she made one for each of her 32 grandchildren). I have it at the foot of my bed. It's a wonderful treasure to have it. Very Happy (I have a set of embroidered dish towels from the other grandmother.) They both passed away, at 100 years of age, in 2010.

Lilly flower
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Crochet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crochet   Crochet I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 2:21 am

Thanks Lilly! Wow, that's awesome they were able to live that long. To get to see their Grandchildren and the Great/Great as well. flower Such a Blessing!
Back to top Go down
DaisyRaggs
Superstar
Superstar
DaisyRaggs

Female

Pisces Posts : 663
Simoleons : 675912

Crochet Empty
PostSubject: Crochet   Crochet I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 2:17 pm

Those are beautiful BBdoll. I have a quilt my grandmother made and gave me for a wedding gift 48 years ago. My mom use to sew most of her dresses and ours when we were growing up and gave my grandma the leftover scraps. :balloons:
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Crochet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crochet   Crochet I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 4:45 pm

Thanks Daisy! I treasure all of my things handed down to me. I look at them and think of my times with my mother and grandmothers. So precious!
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Leo Posts : 943
Simoleons : 687047

Crochet Empty
PostSubject: Crochet   Crochet I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 9:00 pm

To: BBdoll.

Yes, my grandmothers lived that long. There may even be some great-great grandchildren. Most of my family members didn't wait long to marry and were married by their early twenties at the latest. My father's mother was mentally alert to the end (she always said she'd live to 100 and she did). She turned 100 in mid-March of 2010 and died in early June of the same year. My mother's mother did suffer from senile dementia the last few years of her life. She didn't remember much that happened recently but if you visited and got her to talk about her picture scrapbooks, she had great stories from many years ago (and knew who was in all the pictures). She turned 100 in late June of 2010 and died in late July of 2010. Because this is my family experience, I tend to have my Sim grandparents live longer. I want them to at least see their grandchildren and, if possible, their great-grandchildren. (Thanks to the Elixer of Life--it's possible.) Very Happy

Lilly flower
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Crochet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crochet   Crochet I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 11:50 am

Interesting! My grandmother on my Dad's side lived to be 103 I think it was. But in her obituary they said she was 99. That person did not know what they were talking about. She was pictured with her two Great Great Granddaughters.

Indeed, that is where we get our history lessons from. angelic Our Grandmother's and Grandfather's. God Bless them! flower
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Crochet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crochet   Crochet I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 4:21 pm

Very Pretty BBdoll., love the colors too. daisy friends
I haven't crocheted in years. I too have several afghans made by my mom and sister stored away. Plus many other crocheted items she made for me
Those are the best gifts ever ! I treasure them. ----0
Back to top Go down
Simmer's Garden
Admin
Simmer's Garden

Female

Pisces Posts : 2287
Simoleons : 817321

Crochet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crochet   Crochet I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 4:34 pm

Those are just beautiful. i can crochet but not like that lol i have only been doing this year. my brother and his girlfriend are expecting their first baby they are having a girl. she is due 16 December she is hoping she doesnt go to far over that lol anyway i made a nice blanket in baby pink and baby yellow i find it very relaxing to do here is a pic of it, it isn't very good the ends of the blanket where meant to be kind of curled up i thought it would look good.
Crochet 251287_439131679466376_451893193_n
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TutusChicBoutique
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Crochet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crochet   Crochet I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 8:24 pm

Thanks ladies! Very nice, Nef. It's easy to make things for Baby's. Doesn't take quite as long. flower
Back to top Go down
Flutterby
Local Phenomenon
Local Phenomenon
Flutterby

Female

Capricorn Posts : 161
Simoleons : 697695

Crochet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crochet   Crochet I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 3:01 pm

Those are beautiful! Crocheting is one of my many, many hobbies but I'm not sure I have any photos of the things I've made.
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Crochet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crochet   Crochet I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 3:24 pm

Thanks Hunni! I've made so many for my friends in the past. Guess I should have taken pics before I gave them up. I'm working on two more now. This one for my daughter is going rather slow! Of all things I asked her to pick a design that she liked, and she picked one I have never made before. scratch Taking me a lot of time. I got all of the granny's made, but could not figure out how to connect them. dancer In order for it to work, I had to add another round to each one.

It's the Granny that has (6) sides to it. groan I'm not feeling this granny at all... unhappydance and will never - ever make it again. I will never ask someone what design they would like either. goofigirl They'll get what I make or none at all. Embarassed I've worked on it a while, then put it down for about a week or two, then work some more. This one's a bear. I got one strip connected, just to see what it would look like.

I'll be sooooo glad when this project is done! seesaw
Back to top Go down
Flutterby
Local Phenomenon
Local Phenomenon
Flutterby

Female

Capricorn Posts : 161
Simoleons : 697695

Crochet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crochet   Crochet I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 3:49 pm

whenever I finish a project I always think I will take a photo of that later... and well later never comes lol

wow that sounds like it would be a pain to do...but sounds like it will be pretty once you get it done!

The last afghan I made had a pocket attached to it so that it could fold into a pillow.
Back to top Go down
Nonni
Affiliate
Nonni

Female

Pisces Posts : 352
Simoleons : 867202

Crochet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crochet   Crochet I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 2:49 pm

Thank you for sharing pictures of the lovely creations.

I have a couple of comments to add to:
Lilly LeClaire
Quote :
I tend to have my Sim grandparents live longer. I want them to at least see their grandchildren and, if possible, their great-grandchildren. (Thanks to the Elixer of Life--it's possible.) Very Happy
Me, too!

BBdoll3
Quote :
I treasure all of my things handed down to me. I look at them and think of my times with my mother and grandmothers. So precious!

My grandmother crocheted an afghan for me that each piece had 6 sides, I now appreciate her work even more because of you.

My Great-grandmother made quilts but as she got older she could only do the quilt tops. My mother took the quilt tops and had them made into quilts. There were enough for each of her kids and she had two left over that she had made for my children. I have one in my bedroom that I have used for over 50 years and one is on display in my living room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crochet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crochet   Crochet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crochet
Page 1 of 1