SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

Tutorial: How To Make Your Very Own "Invisible" Window!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Tutorial: How To Make Your Very Own "Invisible" Window! Empty
PostSubject: Tutorial: How To Make Your Very Own "Invisible" Window!   Tutorial: How To Make Your Very Own "Invisible" Window! I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 5:57 pm

What You Need:

• The Sims 2 (whatever configuration you have)
  • SimPE
  • Basic knowledge on how to use Wizards of SimPE or Object Recoloring
  • Color-Enabled Package by Numenor

What To Do:

1. Install SimPE, if you don't have it already.
  2. Open Wizards of SimPE. This tool is especially helpful, because it can help you find which items are recolorable in the game and which are not.
  3. Find the "Truly" Stained-Glass Window from the base game. It is located under the three-circle icon. You have to scroll all the way down to find it, or at least, that's what I have done in my game.
  4. Make the recolor and plop it in your Downloads folder. It's still unfinished. Please try to choose the windowpane texture, not the frame texture!
  5. Open the unfinished package file and find the Material Definition (TXMT) file in the Resource Tree.
  6. If you see "Generic Rcol Editor", then you are on the right page. In the window, you must look for stdMatAlphaMultiplier and change the number to 0.000000. 2.000000 is pure black. You want it invisible, remember?
  7. Commit and save.
  8. You may want to delete the texture file attached to the windowpane. Since your window recolor is going to have an invisible pane, it's pretty much useless keeping it. Commit and save.

Your finished result:

Tutorial: How To Make Your Very Own "Invisible" Window! N689q1
Back to top Go down
Sunflowergal22
Superstar
Superstar
Sunflowergal22

Female

Leo Posts : 509
Simoleons : 622765

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: How To Make Your Very Own "Invisible" Window!   Tutorial: How To Make Your Very Own "Invisible" Window! I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 9:34 pm

wow seems cool! probably great for a haunted sim house, don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: How To Make Your Very Own "Invisible" Window!   Tutorial: How To Make Your Very Own "Invisible" Window! I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:20 pm

Actually, I wanted to use them as arrow slits for castles in my Medieval-themed neighborhood. But a haunted house sounds good. I may as well make a haunted house like Tricou Manor someday. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial: How To Make Your Very Own "Invisible" Window!   Tutorial: How To Make Your Very Own "Invisible" Window! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tutorial: How To Make Your Very Own "Invisible" Window!
Page 1 of 1