SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

Less graphics intensive for a layout?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Less graphics intensive for a layout? Empty
PostSubject: Less graphics intensive for a layout?   Less graphics intensive for a layout? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 8:24 am

This website is very graphics-intensive in the sense that there are a lot of pictures. Each picture probably consumes a little bit of bandwidth, and there are a lot of pictures and icons. Even the cursor is an image or animating image. I highly suspect that one main reason why my 6-year-old laptop runs relatively slowly while browsing this website is that the computer only has a processing speed of 1.9 GHz. My iPad can browse this website a bit faster and smoother. I am wondering if it's possible to select or create less graphics-intensive layouts, because that may have a better performance on lower-end machines.

Suffice it to say, the same said laptop is sufficient to play The Sims 2 with all expansion packs and stuff packs relatively smoothly and with good-quality graphics in the neighborhood view and lot view. I've never encountered any game artifacts that would normally result from using an integrated graphics chip, because my computer actually has a graphics card. I nevertheless play on medium-low settings, though, for smoother performance. However, I do have some minor graphical glitches that appear on some clothes or hairstyles. Base game clothes and hairs, on the other hand, all appear perfectly normal.
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

Pisces Posts : 3130
Simoleons : 714221

Less graphics intensive for a layout? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Less graphics intensive for a layout?   Less graphics intensive for a layout? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 6:42 pm

Hi Anonymity I myself have a low-end laptop and have no problems viewing anything on this site, which leads me to believe the problem for you is probably browser and/or internet speed related. My laptop doesn't play the Sims 2 that well, as I run into problem with graphics memory (See my blog for the topic Glitchy Goths to see what I'm talking about). We suggest using Firefox or Chrome (I like Firefox, which runs lightening fast) and not Internet Explorer, for faster and more reliable page loading. If you're on dial-up or a low speed internet, that will definitely cause a lot of the problems you are experiencing. I would suggest contacting your ISP to ask them for any deals on upgrades; you usually can get faster speeds for the same cost if you trade in your outdated modem if you're renting it, like I did recently. I noticed the past year a lot of problems with slow downloads and video viewing, then I was asked by my ISP I was experiencing slow speeds and problems and I told them yes. They explained to me because I had the slowest speed, since they upgraded their service to be faster, I was using an outdated modem that could not handle the faster speed. So what they did was have me trade in my old modem for a new one, upgraded my speed to the middle package, and now I pay $2.79 less than I did before I upgraded, and I am very pleased with the service I'm getting. So by troubleshooting those two problems I mentioned above, you should eliminate the loading and lagging problems you're experiencing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cindassimstyle.com/

Less graphics intensive for a layout?
Page 1 of 1