SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

Uni Life Makeover!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 777813

Uni Life Makeover! Empty
PostSubject: Uni Life Makeover!   Uni Life Makeover! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 3:11 pm

mickeywave Guys!  I spent most of Sunday, doing a make-over of my Campus for Sims State.  I did save my changes to file - thank goodness.  I switched back to my Hoods from my comp and was gonna look at some stuff.  Noticed that I had to create a campus for my hood as it had not been selected yet.  Well, I wanted to see if my re-makes would show up, and buggout didn't see anything that I made over.scaredy  Went out and loaded my hoods from my old comp and went into Riverblossom Hills...  buggoutgroan Panic!  I didn't see my changes.  Thought what the heck happened.  Then thought, if this was the hood that I made my re-makes in.  Went out and into Desiderata Valley.yay All of my cool changes were there.  strut

Soooo, I guess that I will need to do a remake for each campus in Every hood.  Guess I can change the look also.  That would be cool to have diff looks for each one.  Lot of work though, but since I heartpump to remodel, guess it won't be too bad.  We'll see how I feel.  Since I've saved my changes to my file, can I just remove the old one and put the remake in it's place?  That's a thought, but not sure if it will mess up my campus.  Has anyone removed any of the Dorms and replaced with something diff?  Just checking before I do that.
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Leo Posts : 943
Simoleons : 686897

Uni Life Makeover! Empty
PostSubject: Uni Life Makeover!    Uni Life Makeover! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 10:21 pm

mickeywave Hi, BBdoll!

I do that all the time. I make over lots--residential, commercial, apartments, Uni dorms and other buildings. I first put the original into the lots and houses bin and then when I've finished the re-model of any Uni building (or other lot), I put it into the lots and houses bin. It will then make a duplicate and I can re-place it into the Uni campus as a re-modeled dorm, student union, library, etc and still have the copy in the lots and houses bin of the re-modeled lot/building. And, I still have a copy of both the original of the re-modeled Uni building also in the lots and houses bin. Then, if I want to place that re-modeled building into another University I can simply remove it from the lots and houses bin. (I do not put any lots with house that have Sims in them as that is a VBT and will corrupt the game--but moving lots and (empty) houses to another neighborhood or University will not.)

Of course, you can build you own dormitories from scratch as well. You use the same process to create an apartment, secret society, hotel, etc. Because people will be living in the dorm, start with a residential NOT a community lot. Larger lots (at least 4 x 3) work better because you'll have several students living in each dorm (and each dorm needs, bathrooms, bedrooms, community living space and study space and kitchen space). Then go into your lot and build your dormitory. Put in everything that will be needed (as in apartments you'll be able to change furniture, wall and floor coverings, lights, curtains, etc. after it's a dormitory but not walls, windows, doors, etc.) With apartments you also have to put in everything you want to have in communal living spaces such as a children's playground or grill Bar-B-Que or outdoor game areas as you can't place anything into common areas once it's an apartment. [Cheat code for apartment: Changelotzoning apartmentbase] [Oh, changelotzoning is not case specific or it doesn't matter if you use capitals or small case letters--some cheat codes are case specific and won't work unless the capital and small case letters are correct.] So put in all the basic structural stuff at a minimum. Once you have everything in your dorm that you want in it, save your game. Then bring up the cheat window by holding down the CTRL key and then the C key. In the cheat window type: changelotzoning dorm. If the code works, then the text box will disappear. You won't see any immediate visual changes. Although if you want to verify go into Buy Mode and click the lot information button in the top-left corner of the screen. This lists the value of the lot and its dimensions as well as its zoning. If if doesn't work, then the cheat box will expand and give you the reason for the failure. According to the place that I got this information, in their experience, literally every time it failed it was due to a problem with spelling in the cheat code. Everytime I've done this, it has worked (for dorms, hotels, apartments).

I once made a custom university (in my first TS2 game). It was one that I attached to a custom French/Polynesian neighborhood. I picked the Uni buildings (dorms, etc) the I wanted to use into the lots and houses bin (from one of the three basic Universities that I had already attached to another neighborhood) and then placed them into the new University; re-naming the lots to fit the theme that I was using.

Currently in my Veronaville neighborhood, I've added some dorms--naming one for the Capp family and one for the Monty family and one for the other Sims to attend. All of the dorms were ones that I had previously re-modeled and put into the lots and houses bin. I've placed them into the Uni campus. Two of them were already there. I bull-dozed those dorms and re-placed them with the re-modled version (which I did some more re-modeling on). The other one was a dorm that was orginially in another Uni campus. I added the Academie Le Tour campus to Veronaville and the third dorm I took from either Sim State University or La Fiesta Tech or from the other pre-made dorms found in the lots and houses bins.

I hope that helps. Even if you do some re-modeling when you place the dorms in the Uni campus, you'll have more choices and won't have to start completely over each time you want to re-model a Uni or put in a custom Uni (in different neighborhoods).

I have also found that if I want to keep the students in a house on campus or dorm on the same schedule, I can do that if I take them to a community lot In the main neighborhood (rather than on the University campus) such as to a store to buy clothing a park for fun or to a re-modeled Uni lot such as the Leisuretime Loungerama, that the student clock will stop. It does not stop if you go anywhere on the Uni campus. So, I've placed lots (which I replicated by using the lots and houses bin) into the mainhood such as the Uni Loungerama (re-modeled, of course) and take my Young Adult Sims there for fun and can stop the clock and keep all Young Adults Sims in the same dorm or house on the same schedule, that is, they will graduate at the same time. However, if you want to keep the clock running, just take them somewhere on the Uni campus--but that will put the Young Adult students on different clocks and graduation schedules.

Lilly flower
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Uni Life Makeover! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uni Life Makeover!   Uni Life Makeover! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 3:58 am

Thanks so much for documenting your tips, Lilly.  I had read in my book that I could not create Dorms.  tnx4sharing  This will go into my Tips Binder. extrahappy  Now I'm excited again about building!  dancerextrahappy
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Uni Life Makeover! Empty
PostSubject: Uni Life Makeover!   Uni Life Makeover! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 3:54 pm

Hmmmmm, not sure who said you couldn't make a custom dorm. But the information I have says you can, using the cheat code panel the way I said.

I also have the codes for making all of the following types of lots: residential, community (you know how to do these two but these can also be used for conversions). I think the only thing you can't do is change a lot from residential to community but even that I'm not sure about), greek, dorm, secret society, secret vacation lot, hotel, secret hobby lot, apartment, apartment sublet, secret witch lot. Remember the originally gamers who made the game had to be able to make these lots, so I'm thinking this is what they used to do it. So, basically, BBdoll, you can make any type of lot you want to make from scratch or as a custom lot.

I haven't used many of these but the ones I have used work very well. Just make sure you do successful conversions.

Oh, just looked at the directions for working in an apartment to make structural changes, after you turn it back into a residential lot and it say that you must save and exit to the neighborhood screen because merely using the code and saving is not enough to unlock all the tools. Once the lot is back to residential and you've exited and gone back in, you can change anything you please.

When you've made all the changes you want to make, then change the lot zoning back to dorm, save and exit. Then, you should be able to go back in and play (once you send Sim teens to college) with the changes that you made. When the lot is a dorm, again, the doors, windows, etc won't be available to change. Also, if you want to put in a pool, you'll have to do that in residential mode.

Good luck.

Lilly flower
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Uni Life Makeover! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uni Life Makeover!   Uni Life Makeover! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 10:51 pm

I read that in the book that came with the game.  On page, #13, under Building on Campus - says, "Most buildings on campus are built the same way you would build in The Sims 2. The only exception is, dorms.  You cannot build a dorm from scratch, but can place any of the template dorms anywhere on campus."ate dorms anywhere on campus."

That's where I read it,coffeeread unless I am reading it incorrectly. scratch So I just assumed I could not create my own dorm.  I've come to realize the little books that come with the games aren't always correct, or full of info.  You get that from knowledgeable players as yourself. extrahappy

Your Quote=> I think the only thing you can't do is change a lot from residential to community but even that I'm not sure about), greek, dorm, secret society, secret vacation lot, hotel, secret hobby lot, apartment, apartment sublet, secret witch lot.

So you are referring to on Campus, right?  Because I have changed a Residential lot to Community in my game, but Not on Campus.

Oh, Ok.  Just read the rest of your note.  Sure is a lot to remember.  Thanks for additional info. mickeywave
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Uni Life Makeover! Empty
PostSubject: Uni Life Makeover!    Uni Life Makeover! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 9:52 am

mickeywave  Hi BBdoll,

Yes, those little books may be incorrect because they write them before the game is completely finished. It's one of those strange but true things. I'm not sure where I got that inforamtion from--but it was a surprise to me as well. Also, Uni is the second expansion pack and there are several that came later. So, what was true with Uni, may in some cases, have been changed in a future expansion pack. I know. It's confusing.

The information I had was general game information because lots like secret hobby lots, which come with Free Time, are main hood lots. And, lots like secret society lots are found on Uni Campuses. And, lots like secret vacation lots are found on vacation lots. I'm not sure if you can put these in main hoods or not.

I'll do some more checking and let you know. I have to be off to work now.

Lilly flower 
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Uni Life Makeover! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uni Life Makeover!   Uni Life Makeover! I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 1:34 pm

scratch  Hummm! I did not know there was a Secret Vacation Lot. Secret Hobby Lot? I think I've seen someone pop up in my Sims house talking about a secret lot. As you know, I don't play much. Just really started working my games this past year, so all is still new to me. How you get to that? I know about the secret Lots for the witches.
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Uni Life Makeover! Empty
PostSubject: Uni Life Makeover!   Uni Life Makeover! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 5:39 pm

mickeywave  Hi BBdoll,

Yes, there are several hobby lots--one for each of the hobby enthusiasms such as cooking, tinkering, etc. When the Sims gets enough hobby enthusiasm, then he or she gets an inivitation to the secret lot and a certificate next to that particular hobby in the hobby enthusiasm panel. It's rather interesting to take a Sim to the a secret hobby lot where they have a lot of opportunities to take part in that hobby. You need the Free Time EP to have the hobby lots.

You get to the secret vacation lots by having your Sims go on tours at vacation lots or by digging for treasures (on any lot including vacation lots). Your Sims will find a "map to a secret vacation lot" whether it's by digging for a treasure (come as a scroll) or by finding in while on a tour (still comes as a scroll). There is a lot for each vacation destination--including an Island vacation, a Far East vacation and a Mountain vacation. Then, when they are on vacation, they have the option to go to the "secret" lot if any Sim in the family has a map. If I remember correctly, the Mountain secret lot allows them to meet Bigfoot (and befriend him) and bring him home, if they want; the Far East secret lot get them to an ancient oriental wise man who teaches them a magical tale which they can them tell others (recall lots of sparkles); and the Island secret lot gets them to a witch doctor who, if they help fix his hut effectively (must have high mechanical skills) will give them a gift of a voodoo doll (with which they can affect other Sims). To have secret vacation lots, you need to have the Bon Voyage EP.

To get to either lot use your phone to call a taxi or use your car to go somewhere, A pop-up of possible locations or destinations will become visible and you will have choices, shortly after you all for a taxi or click on "go somewhere" on your Sim's vehicle. The secret lots show up on the left hand side. You just click on the one lyou want as your chosen destination and the taxi or the Sims car/truck will take your Sim to that destination. (Never tried this with a helicopter so not sure if it works with a Sims traveling by helicopter.) Oh, the pop-up is the same one that appears when you want to go to a community lots. The regular community lots show up on the right hand side.

I spent a good portion of time, yesterday, working on making a dorm from scratch. However, the dorm lot is a bit funky. I modified the directions that I had gotten online for making an apartment (which I've done several times) to work for making a dorm. I was able to successfully turn a residential lot into a dorm and reverse the process turning it back to a residential lot and then back to a dorm again. (I forgot to add stairs to the second story. Laughing ) Also, since I could not find a "student dorm" door so I used an "apartment door" that comes with the Apartment LIfe EP while I was building. Then, I created a Young Adult student, Abigail Lann and put her into the dorm I created from scratch to see how it played. All of the things that I find in dorms were the same (including Abigail's want's and fears) and having a Uni school calendar except there were no other student in the dorm nor did the "extras" such as the Cheerleader or Llama mascot show up. I took Abigail to the store to buy a cell phone, some more clothing, etc. When she came back, I got another notification that she should claim her room (which she did even though it was different and didn't show her picture but she could lock it like you do a residential door) as the other students were moving in but she could basically through them out the their room to claim the one she wanted. The doors remained the same; however, after she returned the "extras" started showing up, so she then met The Streaker, The Cheerleader, The Llama Mascot and the Cow Mascot. I don't think she's met The Coach, yet; however, she might have. I played her almost through her Freshman year, she just has a few hours left before her Freshman year finals. So, I could play her as a Uni student but it's a bit funky having made a dorm with 12 rooms and her being the only student in the dorm (unless I put another student or two in the dorm). So, you can make a dorm from scratch; however, it won't play the same as the other dorms, made by EA (which are found on the Uni campuses) and in the Specialty Lot section of the Lots and Houses bin. So, it's up to you how you want to play. I'm not sure if I'll continue to play Abigail in the dorm I created or move her to another EA made dorm that I've remodeled because like you--I remodel all of the EA made lots--usually updating them and weatherizing all the lots made before Seasons. cheers 

Hmmmm, just thought of something: I could create a house, turn it into a "dorm" and maybe my YA Sims wouldn't have to pay rent. extrahappy  But then, thanks to kaching and motherlode that really isn't a problem for me. I need those extra funds to get more clothing, so that, my YA Sims will have changes of clothing to be appropriately attired for every Season. Just one of the things I like to do with my Sims--even though I guess it really doesn't make any difference what clothing they are wearing.

Have fun simming!

Lilly flower 
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Uni Life Makeover! Empty
PostSubject: Uni Life Makeover!   Uni Life Makeover! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 9:37 am

mickeywave  Hi BBdoll,

I hope that you are having a Happy 4th of July Holiday. I've already skimmed the pool, swept dust and debris off the sidewalk and cool deck, fixed the cabana curtains (outside) thanks to the wind re-arranging them, stopped the dogs from barking at the neighbors yard guys (surprises me that they are working on the 4th) and yelled "get down" to the black dog that jumps up from the neighbors yard (and that's over a 5 foot fence). That sets the dog off as much as the yard workers do. Now, we are all in the house and it's quiet with both dogs resting--guess all that running around in a frenzy and barking tired them out. Laughing 

I hope that your Uni campus is either getting where you want it or you're already playing some of your Uni students. I played a bit more with Abigail Lann--she's now a second semester student and making more friends. She even has made friends with Ethan Lewis (EA made) with whom she had 2 relationship bolts--without my changing anything. cheers 

Have fun simming!

Lilly flower 
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Uni Life Makeover! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uni Life Makeover!   Uni Life Makeover! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 6:30 pm

Reread your notes, and it sounded like you had an exciting 4th.. whacky rolling lol  I wish that we had a pool. I'd be in it every day..confetti  I forgot to add this part so I'm editing.

Thanks Hun for the info.  rolling lol  I guess if I would Play my game more, I would learn and see all of the Secret Hobby Lots.  rolling lol   That's terrible, that I have not played my game as much.  I get to building and remod that I forget about the game.  

I have achieved the cooking one (went and made candy or something and browsed around).  There were two others that, oh, the gaming (went to the graveyard to play poker for that secret), now the other one, can't remember what that was for.  I'll have to find the peeps I was playing when I got that one.  I do have Freetime

You play about like I do.  I just heartpump  having a Lot of Clothes for my simmies.  My friend and daughter laughs at me cause I'm always shopping, buying diff outfits.  Then I do that "Aging Off" mode for a while so they can wear all of them. giggle   Isn't that crazy?

Reread your notes, and it sounded like you had an exciting 4th.. whacky rolling lol    I wish that we had a pool.  I'd be in it every day..confetti   I forgot to a

Anyway, these are really good tips on how you play. I have been creating my personal Family Tree for my paternal/maternal side of our family, so have not really been playing my simmies.  All I've done in the past month is remake my campus lots.

A couple of things I'm not clear on. What is a Greek House?  It says to convert a residence to a Greek House. Is what you created considerded a Greek House?

Also, when I created and moved my Sim into one of the dorms, it gave it their last name.  I think I did something wrong.  groan
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Uni Life Makeover! Empty
PostSubject: Uni Life Makeover!    Uni Life Makeover! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 12:50 pm

mickeywave  Hi BBDoll!

A Greek lot is a sorority or fraternity lot. They have three letters (which are made up symbols to resemble the Greek letter that usually are the name of a sorority or fraternity such a Alpha Phi Gamma). I know that Sim state has a fraternity and a sorority. You can have your Sims join them. I'm not totally sure of this I think t hey have to make friends (build a relationship) with a Sorority sister or Fraternity brother and then the option join "Ask to Join Greek House" will show up when you click on the sorority or fraternity member. Or, a Greek house member can "Ask to Pledge" of another Sim. The "Hang Out" option under the "Talk" menu is great for building relationships and allows you to build several at one time. Although the traditional Greek House which are pre-made have single sex members, you can create one that has both male and female members. You can also turn any residential lot, as in a house where studens live, into a sorority or fraternity, by using the phone with the option to start one. Greek houses have a status which they get by attaining different levels. You can find the status of a Greek house by clicking on one of the letter (that are on the wall and which can be purchased in Buy Mode--if you make your own or want to change the name of the Greek house). Greek house rating are based on resident members' collective number of family friends (other members of the same Greek house don't count). Each level, there are six, raises the types of things that the Greek residents can do. Note, if a Sim is a Greek member but not a resident (not living in the Greek house) then their friend relationships don't count toward the collective number of friends. For example, on level one a member can randomly wonder off the lot and return with a Greek letter if there isn't already one on the lot (no family friends are required for this one). And, for example, on level two (which requires three family friends) members can randomly wonder off the lot and return with pizza. Each level also raises the maximum number of members any Greek house can have. Since level six is 32,000 Sims, this number must include Sims not living in the Greek house--maybe even Greek house alums.

You can the name of any lot by looking for that option when you first click on the lot in the neighborhood setting where that option is available. Maybe you forgot to name your lot and the game automatically picked a surname. Or, maybe you didn't have it converted to a "dorm." Was it a dorm you created or that you put back to residential to to more extensive re-modeling? Double check to make sure that it is is a dorm (upper left corner icon when in the dorm will give you the status). I'm not sure if you can only change the name when it's an empty lot (if so, then you will have to move your Sims out to the Sim bins, temporarily, change the name of the lot and then put the Sims back into the lot. If you put Sims into a residential lot (not a dorm or Greek house), then the lot will have the "household" name and I don't think you can change that. When you create a Young Adult Sim, the first screen has a place for "household name", then when you have a Sim standing there you get the option to give them both a first and a last or surname which can be the same or different from the "household name." All Sims can have the same surname as the "household" or all can have a different surname than the "household." The "household" name will be the lot name if they are in a residential lot. (Dorms and Greek Houses and Apartment if you have that EP will have different names such as "Lam Plaza Dorm" or "Tri-Unicorn Sorority" or "High Cliff Apartments.) Maybe (I'm just guessing on this one) if you don't have a letter for a Greek House, then it will use a "household name" until you get a letter or letters since Greek Houses traditionally have names with two such as Alpha Omega or three letters such as Beta Episilon Tau although this game allows Greek Houses with one letter names such as Umicorn. As far as "household" names goes, here is an example: I created a Young Aduld household to live in a house at Academie Le Tour. Before I created any Young Adult, I gave the "household" the name "Worthington" and then created the following young adults: Nate Worthington (his father owned the house), Beau Montague, Jayne Emerson and Kate Addison (who, as my story goes, attended the same high school and are now going to the same college as Blake). When I'm in the neighborhood screen and click on the lot it's shows as the "Worthington" household.

I think that if you have the lot called a Greek House then it is one although you will have to build it by building the levels and will get more status information by having, at least, one Greek letter to click on. I think that once the lot is designated as "Greek House" you can start building. Although I know that you can start a "Greek House" by using the telephone (under College menu), I think. So, you might have to do that as well.

I hope that helps a little.

Also, I've played my TS2 game since about 2008 (and the first two years I wasn't a member of the official TS2.ea.com site, which I joined in 2010), so just played the game as it was for the first two years). Even with all that game playing, I'm still finding new things. There are so many interactions, I kept learning and seeing new things--like Nannies actually potty-training toddlers or a Sim with a higher level sewing badge teaching or instructing another Sim in sewing while he or she sits at the machine and sews. Once, I had a Nanny put a full toddler in a high chair and feed her the toddler food (and I'm thinking that kids full, what is the Nanny doing?). Then, I saw the toddler stir the toddler food with her hands, as toddler do, and then she put her hand back by her head and threw the food at the Nanny. Is was sooooo funny! I thought that's what the Nanny deserved. The Nanny, of course, blamed the mother--a single parent who was busy skilling to get her next promotion. I've only seen that once, but it was very funny--wish I had caught that one on tape.

And, Laughing I just sent the teen Sims, Heidi and Heather, of my Howell family in Strangetown, to town to buy "winter" clothing for the family. Oh, they also bought cell phones--what else would a teen want?! I just love changing clothing to match the season. And, play with "aging off" often (which is how I discovered that if a Sim gets all 16 points for their secondary aspiration chart, they become perma-plat--the same as reaching the top level of a career).

Have fun Simming!

Lilly flower 

Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Uni Life Makeover! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uni Life Makeover!   Uni Life Makeover! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 5:06 pm

Hello Lilly!  thanx  for taking the time to provide much info.  Some is overwhelming. I'm sure once I start getting into playing the campuses, it will become less confusing.

Quote :
You can the name of any lot by looking for that option when you first click on the lot in the neighborhood setting where that option is available. Maybe you forgot to name your lot and the game automatically picked a surname. Or, maybe you didn't have it converted to a "dorm." Was it a dorm you created or that you put back to residential to to more extensive re-modeling?

No.  It was just one of the dorms already in place I think, that was empty and when I put my two sims in it made it the surname of one of them. I had not remolded or anything. I will take them out and change the name like you said. tongueout   I will double check like you suggested.

thankyou  for explaining the 'naming' convention.  That was prettying confusing to me.  Did not understand 'why' I had to put in two names.  I should have name it "Lam Plaza Dorm" like you said, instead I entered my sims name.  So that's why.  It's a Dorm so I figured it would assign a name.  That little book does not say How to name them.  Unless I over looked it in my much excitement to start playing.  I am notorious for 'Speed Reading'.  That's a fault of mine which I developed when my job discription changed.  Rather than read the entire thing, I jumped around to get to the point fast.  rulez  Very bad habit of mine.  groan 

Quote :
I just love changing clothing to match the season. And, play with "aging off" often (which is how I discovered that if a Sim gets all 16 points for their secondary aspiration chart, they become perma-plat--the same as reaching the top level of a career).

Great info!  tnx4sharing I will keep this for my notes. Lots to look forward to.
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Uni Life Makeover! Empty
PostSubject: Uni Life Makeover!    Uni Life Makeover! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 1:29 am

mickeywave Hi BBdoll,

Not exactly sure what the problems is. It could be a couple things. I went into my game to get the information starting at #2 and below. The other is information that I've seen in reading about problems that other Simmers have shared on sites such as TS2.ea.com (before it was shut down).

1. You could have a glitch in your game that causes it to do some funky things. (The ffslotdebugger or bat box may help with this--it's available through MTS or you could just type it into your search engine to find it. At MTS there was a link to another site.) Unfortunately glitches do occur. Do you have the patch for Uni installed? (If you don't, then that could cause some problems. I think CindaLove moved all the patches to this site.)

2. There is an error in how the lot zoning was changed--if you changed it. The lot zoning change may not have occurred. The most common problem with this is that it was not correctly spelled. So, check the icon in the upper left corner (when you are in the lot). It will say "Lot Information" when you move your cursor over it. If you click on the icon, then you get a small pop-up which gives you lot information such as lot size, cost and the type of he lots such as: greek or dorm or apartment.

To re-name any lot do this: Click on the Lot which brings up a pop-up with two icons on the lower left side: one is a house with a pencil and it says "Rename Lot". Click on it. It will bring up a small box which is light blue and has dark blue letters that says "Rename This Lot?" with a small white box with the current lot name. If you want to change the name, delete the current name and then type in the name that you want. You can name it anything you want as long as you stay within the character limit. (If you exceed the limit, then you won't be able to type anymore.) When you have the name you want in the white box, look at the bottom of the box. There are two symbols: a dark blue check mark with the word "Accept" when you put your cursor over it (click on this if you have the name you want and it will change the lot name); a dark blue X with the word "Cancel" on it (click on this if you have changed your mind and want to keep the original name).

You can change the name of dorms, houses, community lots (includes all the campus buildings), apartments, etc. using the above techinque. If the building has two names, you can only change one of them. For example, the Bright house which is a residential lot or house says "Bright" on the first line and "20 Peanut Street" on the second line. You cannot change the name "Bright" but you can change the "20 Peanut Street" name. Living in the house are 3 students: Martin Ruben; Jane Stacks; and, Allegra Gorey--none of them with the name of Bright.

In my Academie Le Tour University associated with RBH, I put 6 students into a dorm (used the "Send Students to College" option in the neighborhood screen). I think it was MIlle House Dorm, using the above technique and the "Rename This Lot?" option, I renamed the lot "Golden Mille Dorm (10 Rooms)". In the same base University in Veronaville, I renamed 3 dorms to reflect community, so now have dorms called: S.C. Capp Mem. Dorm (10 Rooms); V.B. Monty Plaza Dorm (6 Rooms); and, V.V. Romero House Dorm (10 Rooms). You don't have to add the number of dorm room available. I do that because, at a glance, I know the number of student dorm rooms available in that dorm--that's a preference that I have and you can choose to use it or not.

Both Sim State and La Fiesta Tech have Greek houses as part of the EA pre-made base. Sim State has "Urele-Oresha-Cham House" (Frat Brothers is on top and cannot be changed but the greek letters can be changed or the part I put into quotes) and Tri-
Var Sorority. La Fiesta Tech has also has two EA pre-made Greek houses: Tri-Fruhm Sorority and Oresha-Hoh-Var Fraternity.

To see if I could change a residential lot into a Greek House, I went into one of my Academie Le Tour Universities. I picked an unoccupied house which I had named "Chancellor Haicienda". I went into the lot. I brought up the cheat window and typed into it: "changeLotZoning greek" (without using the quote marks). Then I checked the icon in the upper left corner and sure enough it was listed as a greek house. I did not put any greek letter on the wall of the house. I exited the lot, saving my changes. When in the neighborhood screen, I checked the name. It was still "Chancellor Haicienda". I clicked on the house with the pencil icon and to "Rename Lot" and called it the new lot name "Oresha-Hoh-Fruhm". I went back in and added the Greek letters that matched the name of the house and then exited with saving. The name of the house remained "Oresha-Hoh-Fruhm". The change or "rename lot" option was still available, so if I wanted to I could click on the house with the pencil icon and give the Greek house a different name sucha as "Urele-Cham-Annya". I could use any of the names of the the Greek letters. (I imagine you could make up any name; however, you wouldn't have the letters to match.)

The Greek letters are found under the Buy Mode, then Decorations (vase with flowers), then Wall Hangings (portrait). They are called "Simgreek Letter Sign" and are in 3 colors: white; tan (or gold), black (or silver). There are 8 signs: Cham, Fruhm, Oresha, Var, Urele, Hoh, Nagard, and Annya. Choose any combination you like or follow the EA lead and use the prefix "Tri" to mean three and give the Greek house a name such as "Tri-Cham" and then you'd just use 3 of the Cham signs so the name would be Cham-Cham-Cham (or Tri-Cham, for short).

So, you can change a residential lot to a greek lot or you can use one or more of the pre-made EA Greek House lots in either the Sim State or La Fiesta Tech Universities. If you want, then you can change to name of the pre-made EA Greek Houses.

I hope that helps a bit.

Lilly flower 
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Uni Life Makeover! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uni Life Makeover!   Uni Life Makeover! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 4:44 am

thanx Lilly for all the info. It does help. thankyou 
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Uni Life Makeover! Empty
PostSubject: Uni Life Makeover!   Uni Life Makeover! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 9:07 am

mickeywave  Hi BBdoll,

You're welcome.

I've gotten a lot of help from other Simmers when I've come across a problem, so it's nice to be able to share what I've learned.

Let me know how it goes.

Lilly flower 
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Uni Life Makeover! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uni Life Makeover!   Uni Life Makeover! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 1:42 pm

I will for sure! mickeywave 
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Uni Life Makeover! Empty
PostSubject: Uni Life Makeover!   Uni Life Makeover! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 4:05 pm

mickeywave  Hi BBdoll,

cool 

I'll be looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Have fun Simming!

Lilly flower 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Uni Life Makeover! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uni Life Makeover!   Uni Life Makeover! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uni Life Makeover!
Page 1 of 1