SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

Going Multicultural!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Going Multicultural! Empty
PostSubject: Going Multicultural!   Going Multicultural! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 10:03 pm

I am currently reading Religion for Dummies in my spare time, and I think it's the perfect book for me! It gives me details of every world religion and explains extensively on religion and religious topics. Religion is one important facet of many people's daily lives. It gives people a sense of direction, a sense of belonging, a sense of identity, a sense of meaning, a sense of purpose, hope, comfort, consoling, and healing. As a matter of fact, there's a small sanctuary in my university hospital for pastoral care to patients, their loved ones, hospital employees, and students. I love how the game is so malleable to the extent I can add a bit of cultural flavor into my own game! As I currently play only the pre-mades, I am going to assign each pre-made family a ethnic background or religious background (or lack thereof).

Family: Goth
Background: Roman Catholic

Family: Lothario

Family: Caliente

Family: Pleasant
Background: Mainline Protestant

Family: Broke
Background: Evangelical Protestant

Family: Dreamer
Background: Mainline Protestant (with ethnic West African traditions)

Family: Burb

Family: Oldie

Family: Delarosa

Family: Jacquet

Family: Ramirez

Family: Tinker
Background: Mainline Protestant (with ethnic West African traditions)

Family: Landgraab
Background: Reformed Jew

Family: Larson

Family: Gieke
Background: Atheist

Family: Smith

Family: Specter

Family: Curious

Family: Beaker
Background: Neo-Paganism

Family: Grunt
Background: Evangelical Protestant

Family: Singles
Background: I like to say that Erin Beaker is Neo-Pagan like her family; Kristen Loste is nonreligious; and the Curious girls are atheists.

Family: Loner
Background: Hinduism

Family: Capp

Family: Monty

Family: Summerdream
Background: Zen Buddhist

Family: Woodrow (my only custom family)

Tally:
* Roman Catholic - 8
* Mainline Protestant - 8
* Evangelical Protestant - 2
* Reformed Jew - 1
* Atheist - 5
* Neo-Pagan - 2
* Hindu - 1
* Zen Buddhist - 1
* Nonreligious - 1
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 777813

PostSubject: Re: Going Multicultural!   Going Multicultural! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 12:22 pm

Interesting! I don't see Baptist or a couple overs.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Going Multicultural!   Going Multicultural! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 6:02 pm

BBdoll3 wrote:
Interesting! I don't see Baptist or a couple overs.

Baptists are considered to be Protestants. I don't include the specific denominations, just major branches or schools of thought of the religions. Besides, nowadays, thanks to ecumenical and interfaith efforts, I think those things can make what was once separate and distinct denominations come together for unity. I have no idea what are "a couple overs".

I actually assigned the ethnic-religious backgrounds with some careful thought. For example, I like to think of the Delarosa family as Spanish and Jacquet family as French, so this is why I picture the Delarosa family as Spanish Roman Catholic and Jacquet family as French Roman Catholic. The Lothario family has names that sound Italian, and the Caliente family is described by Maxis as Mediterranean, so I picture them as Roman Catholic as well. I picture the Beaker family from Scandinavia but are not Lutherans. Instead, I picture them as Neo-Pagans, because they want to revive Norse pagan religion in the form of Neo-Paganism.
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Leo Posts : 943
Simoleons : 686897

PostSubject: Going Multicultural!   Going Multicultural! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 7:59 am

Very interesting. As I was reading I was able to see the reason for most of the choices that you made.

I also like the fact that the game is fluid enough to allow for many different ways to play. Like you, each of my families have a story and I play them according to their story. However, unlike you I have many CAS families--even in the EA pre-made neighborhoods. I like doing my own thing--story wise--so often the EA pre-made Sims have a new and different story from the way that EA made their story. For example, in Desiderata Valley the Contrary family is no longer contrary. The parents, Opal and Edward are "lovey-dovey" (and even do spontaneous loving actions like holding hands or kissing each other which surprised me as I didn't think it would go that far), Rick is doing well and has a good relationship with his parent and they have welcomed a daughter, Rose. I'm not sure why, I just like to do things differently. But that's the beauty of the game--every Simmer can decide how he or she wants to play their game. extrahappy

tnx4sharing Have fun with your TS2 game.

Lilly flower

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going Multicultural!   Going Multicultural! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going Multicultural!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SG Tester 2 :: The Sims 2 :: The Sims 2 Topics & Tools :: The Sims 2 Discussions-
Jump to: