SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors

Go down 
+3
BBdoll3
CindaLove
Simmer's Garden
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sunflowergal22
Superstar
Superstar
Sunflowergal22

Female

Leo Posts : 509
Simoleons : 623965

Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 11:15 am

doghrse wrote:
I guess it was coming sooner or later. As soon as Sims 3 came out Sims 2 players were soon left to defend for themselves on the bbs.

Thanks for the news. And my sims 2 site, doghorse2009 isn't loading for me, but I think I got what I have on it any way.

same with me! i will miss it!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 4:31 pm

I don't understand why they would not turn it into a pay site? I know they tried the store without much success. They sure advertised the heck out if it when it (the store) was closing I might add. It would of been nice if they would of bothered to do the same when they decided to close the site down for good. I mean its a dirty trick to just have it one random day nobody can log in. unhappydance
Well, the good thing for me is, I have learned how to not do business. I will always remember TS2 with fond memories, I had allot of fun there over the years. clapping
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 1:21 pm

Well this just sucks. My Sims got a virus so i couldn't play it anymore. Now when I'm finally about to get a new one, the site that I had all my custom context bookmarks at is shutting down and i can't even save the parts to my computer. and i was really hoping to use [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] this dress in a story I've been planning to write on here when i got the Sims back. And a bunch off other clothing too. I can't seem to find the dress anywhere else and it's driving me crazy. help
Back to top Go down
DaisyRaggs
Superstar
Superstar
DaisyRaggs

Female

Pisces Posts : 663
Simoleons : 675762

PostSubject: Sims2 Exchange closing   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 9:45 am

I got on the website and was able to save a some of my stories, but I can't download any Sims or Lots. bangdesk I'm really going to miss it. sad
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

Pisces Posts : 3130
Simoleons : 714071

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 12:30 pm

Yeah they disabled the exchange a long time of go, and just kept the stories section up. You can probably get most if not all of your stories by entering your name in searchbox on the left and selecting newest/oldest and 64 from the dropboxes. I tried it that one day with yours Daisy, and I think all yours came up.
flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.cindassimstyle.com/
DaisyRaggs
Superstar
Superstar
DaisyRaggs

Female

Pisces Posts : 663
Simoleons : 675762

PostSubject: Sims2 Exchange closing   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 2:50 pm

thankyou for the information CindaLove. I have way too many stories and they're all over 100 pictures each. Thank goodness I have my main story characters saved. Smile
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 2:52 pm

I hope that you can get all your stories copied - you should have enough time before they close their doors.
flower
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 777813

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 2:57 pm

crying crying crying crying crying Sucks How They Treated Us! crying crying crying crying crying And we continue to make them richer! I tried several times to log on, but could not. Only a couple of times when Nef first anounced it I was able to log on. They removed a lot of my Lots and Peps way before last year. Don't know why, but I was not able to get them. Think I only have 4, but there were some that were my Favs that others had created. My daughter had some lots also. She was not able to log on at all. Oh well, life goes on.

Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 3:04 pm

Yep that's all EA seems to be about anymore. That's why Will Wright got disgusted and left Maxis and EA because of how sleazy they have turned. There's a big scandal behind that.
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Leo Posts : 943
Simoleons : 686897

PostSubject: The Sims2.Com to Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 4:27 pm

Soap box time. goofigirl

Ah, it's the age-old conflict between the Bean Counters (definitely EA) and the Visionaries (definitely Will Wright and his team). The ironic thing is that even though the bean counters think that the way to make the business work and keep it thriving is to count the beans (and limit many things), the way that really leads to a thriving business is to follow the visionary way. (Steve Jobs of Apple was a Visionary and look what happened to his business. It will continue to thrive as long as the CEO in charge continues to be a visionary; however, if he is a bean counter, then you will see some changes at Apple that will reflect EA business policies with lack of customer loyalty and innovative products.) I don't recall where it was but I read an article about bean counters vs visionaries in business. They used the car manufacturers in Detroit, Michigan, USA as an example. As soon as the bean counters took over (which seems to be part of the MBA degree) and the visionaries were pushed out or silenced (sorry to any MBA degree person reading this), the US car manufactures lost market share and profits. I imagine that having an MBA degree isn't a requirement to be a bean counter. So, I don't get too surprised when EA makes a bean counter decision which has to do with what will make them the most money in the short term and not what will make money in the long term (like loyal customers). I'm just frustrated with the whole thing and think it's too early to close it down. Actually, I don't see a need to close it down at all. I don't know why they couldn't just have an archive site with TS1 and TS2 (including store items and patches, etc.) and then move TS3 there after TS4 has been out for a while and they are working on TS5. It could have a section for each of the games. And, it would be very good for customer loyalty and service (but that's too visionsary for EA). To EA, it's all about bean counting or the numbers--make the most money the fastest and the quality of the product, well, it doesn't matter much. Yes, bean counters want to make money fast and aren't concerned about quality, whereas visionaries care about quality and product innovation.

Okay, I'm off my soap box. Very Happy

Lilly flower
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 4:41 pm

You're so very right about that Lilly: EA just can't see the big picture, they can only count with what they can on their fingers. Making a quick buck is not prosperity.
onarant
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2