SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

Cleaning up

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Cleaning up Empty
PostSubject: Cleaning up   Cleaning up I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 6:29 pm

So I'm deleting several program files and cleaning up my PC so it runs much faster, I've noticed many changes in it's speed since I started.
Back to top Go down
Simmer's Garden
Admin
Simmer's Garden

Female

Pisces Posts : 2287
Simoleons : 815971

Cleaning up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning up   Cleaning up I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 7:12 pm

a clean up is good pip. i recently had a clean up too got rid of things i no longer use or need it does help Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TutusChicBoutique
Anonymous

Cleaning up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning up   Cleaning up I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 7:16 pm

Some programs are refusing to install, I assume that they're missing important files. groan
I'll probably continue with getting rid of stuff tomorrow. It's kind of annoying having a ton of files that refuse to uninstall from the computer, also I considered completely wiping my computer of everything non microsoft but then I realized that I'd have to re-install all my programs that I absolutely need.
Back to top Go down
Simmer's Garden
Admin
Simmer's Garden

Female

Pisces Posts : 2287
Simoleons : 815971

Cleaning up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning up   Cleaning up I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 8:27 pm

sounds like you need manually remove some files pip. go into your programme files sometimes there are files in there that need to be deleted after uninstaling stuff. it is quite surprising what you find in there lol. i had the sims one folders still in the programme files and it has been a long time since i removed it off my pc
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TutusChicBoutique
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

Pisces Posts : 3130
Simoleons : 712871

Cleaning up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning up   Cleaning up I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 8:44 pm

Uninstalling programs leaves bit and pieces of the program behind in the Temp folder that will prevent reinstallation of the programs. Deleting the contents of the Temp folder regularly actually speeds up your computer and ensures correct installations of programs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cindassimstyle.com/
Anonymous

Cleaning up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning up   Cleaning up I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 10:10 pm

I installed a program called "Windows Seven Manager" and it seems to be working very well at removing these mysterious files. xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cleaning up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cleaning up   Cleaning up I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cleaning up
Page 1 of 1